FORUM / BULLETIN BOARD / COMMUNITY SPACE

Author   Comment  
cswforum

Reply with quote  #1 
This is from an email from Neale Donald Walsh - Living Your Life from the Source  (sent by Evolving Wisdom, Jan. 31/2017)

See the Perfection - A Short Exercise

I want you to know that there’s a great secret to living in a state of joyful fulfillment that you may not be aware of, and that secret is this:

To get things to work consistently in every area of your life, you must stop seeking perfection.

Things may be going smoothly in some areas—for example, maybe you love your job, are in good health, and have plenty of self-confidence… 

But for one reason or another, you just can't get the relationship area of your life to turn out the way you want it to. 

Or perhaps your relationships are going beautifully and you have a livelihood that at least keeps income flowing into your life…

But you don't have the self-confidence you need to get to the highest level in your career and in your life’s work.

The key to making everything come together at once is to know that regardless of how things might seem to not be going smoothly in some areas, you need to stop thinking of anything as being “imperfect.”

Instead, you can shift the way you’re holding the areas of your life that you think aren’t working, by changing how you think about them.

You can say to yourself: "Everything is working just as it should be, and the problem I'm having is that I'm deciding certain areas of my life and certain experiences I'm having are not okay with me, and I’m holding onto a belief that in order for me to be happy, these things need to be different than they are."

Here’s an example of this from when I was a child:

When I was in the fourth grade, I was one of those children who had difficulty learning his multiplication tables, and I could not seem to get it no matter how hard I tried. I remember thinking: “I just don't get this—and I don't know why I don't get it.”

I was doing everything I was supposed to be doing: working to memorize the tables, trying to fully understanding the math behind the tables, listening carefully in class, and doing my homework assignments.

I knew I was doing all the right stuff, but I couldn't understand why the kid sitting at the desk next to me could rattle off the multiplication tables like he was born knowing them while I couldn't get past three times seven.

I just couldn't do it, and the teacher scolded me and talked to me regularly about how I had to spend more time and work harder, etc., but no matter what I did, I just couldn't get any better at it.

Finally, I went to my father in tears and said, "Why can't I get this? It’s so simple, but when the teacher asks me what seven times four is, I can never remember the answer."

My father looked at me and said, “Son, it's just part of the process of learning and you need to stop making yourself wrong about this.”

He said, “You know the answers are in your head, but you're so afraid of getting them wrong that it blocks you from accessing them. Your only problem is your self-confidence, and when that doubt and fear creep in, it keeps you from being able to see the correct answers that are right there within you."

Then he said, “Just relax and let it be okay with you that you're not getting it right now, and when you can stop worrying so much about it, you’ll find a place of comfort within you from which will allow you access the correct answers when you're in class."

In short, he taught me to be okay with the fact that I was making mistakes and to not feel ashamed—that I didn't have to be perfect, and it wasn’t a big deal to not be getting it.

And it worked!

This important lesson from my father was wonderfully reinforced 30 years later during one of my conversations with God.

God said: "Allow yourself to know that what's going on right now in your life is totally perfect just as it is for right now and needn't be any different from the way it is. Once you can embrace that, you’ll knock down the door between what you’re wishing to experience and what you're experiencing now."

So the answer is to see the perfection in everything. If your health isn't the way you wish it were, see the perfection in that and make the best of it, trusting that it's part of a larger process of which you may not be fully aware.

If you wish you had a different career, see the perfection and positives in the job you have now.

If your relationship is a bit rocky, see the perfection in that “rock in the shoe.” Once you can see that perfection and embrace the value of the rock, it will allow you to use what's occurring as a tool for creating what you'd like to experience in your life moving forward.

The reason this is true is because of one powerful truth: what you resist, persists.

In one of my early conversations with God, I asked God, "How can I see the perfection when it doesn't feel perfect for me?"

God said, "Neale, what you resist, persists. The very act of resisting something places it more firmly there in your life.

“You can't lean against air. You have to lean against a wall. So when you resist something, the wall is placed there, figuratively and metaphysically, in your life… 

“And you can't remove it until you stop resisting whatever it is that you don't want to be experiencing right now.

“So, do not resist what is now present in your life, but rather, accept it and make the best of it. Learn from it."

And just like the child whose worries melt away when he accepts that he doesn’t have to be perfect—if you accept your life as being perfect just as it is, a new doorway will open for you to make it better.

I’d love to help you cross that and many other thresholds in my ‘Living Your Life From The Source’ 6-Month Masterclass Program that starts in just a few weeks from now.

There I will personally guide you in seeing perfection, manifesting positive change, and integrating the Conversations with God teachings into every area of your life.

I hope you’ll decide to join me.

Love,

Neale

P.S. I also want to again remind you that when you join me in the Living Your Life From The Source Program by Midnight Pacific Time this Friday, February 3rd, you’ll also receive our Early Registration Bonus Package entitled "Elevate Your Life in 2017," which includes more than a dozen inspiring audio seminars from all the members of Evolving Wisdom’s core faculty—including me. 

Find Out All the Details About this Early Registration Bonus Package on the ‘Living Your Life From The Source’ Masterclass Information Page Here

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.