FORUM / BULLETIN BOARD / COMMUNITY SPACE

Author   Comment  
cswforum

Reply with quote  #1 

Growing A New Business:  Sharing My Experiences

by Eric Hellman

One of the benefits of a network is the opportunity to learn from each other. And since our network is about “spirit + work,” I thought it might be helpful to share my own experiences of growing a new spirit-based or conscious business.

To be absolutely factual, I’m not just growing one business right now, but three:

1) A consulting/coaching practice called Conscious Change.

2) A spiritually-based coaching practice called “For the Love of...”
     3) A photography business called Beauty by Nature, Photos by Eric.

(I know, it goes against traditional business wisdom and logic to launch multiple projects at the same time. But that’s just what is moving within me. So I'm following my intuition on this.)

Over the coming months, I’ll be writing a regular ‘column’ on what it’s like to grow these businesses. In particular, I want to share the nitty-gritty details: the why, the what, the how. The vision for each, reasons for doing them, and the challenges. My approach to marketing and the online tools I’m using. What’s worked and what hasn’t. In other words, the kinds of things that may possibly be useful to others who are starting or growing their own businesses/work.

Whatever Kind of "Work" You are Doing
Whether you are growing a for-profit or a non-profit, a home-based business or a personal project of the heart, there are many things that are common among them: The need to develop a core idea, present it clearly, use print and online tools to communicate it, find ways to engage people in it, and so on.

There are also the attitudinal issues we need to deal with, such as our desire to share, and our fears of not being accepted; our joys of creation, and the frustrations with technology. And underneath all of these lies a core issue: Are we coming from “ego” or “spirit” in how we put ourselves and our work out there?

I’ll be exploring all of these.

I also hope that if YOU have experiences, you will share yours – so I and others can learn from them. You can do so by sending me an email, posting comments online, or writing something yourself. Only the sky (and the space on the Web) are the limits.

So, let’s begin the journey --- with my first post: I hate to work - The Test

You can read it here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

P.S. Some people like to go slowly in learning; others want to take in as much as they can handle.

If you're someone who doesn't want to wait until my next posts to read/see more, here are the websites I've created for these businesses, so you can see what I'm up to:

1) Conscious Change:   http://www.consciouschange.info

2) "For the Love of...":     (website to come)

3) Beauty by Nature, Photos by Eric:  
photos.erichellman.com

Next month, I'll be talking about the online website services I've used to create these (plus the pros/cons of each), how/why I've used certain domain names, and suggestions on how to keep costs down as you grow your new project.

I'll also be writing more about my fear/resistance to "putting myself out there." (I know no one else faces this, but I'll be sharing it just in case... ;>[wink])

Want to know more before then? Send me a note at erichellman@rogers.com.

All the best!
Eric

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.